Friday, October 31, 2008

Hats






It's been said that women wear many hats.

Chef, taxi driver, nurse, care provider, teacher, friend, maid, and many others.

Sometimes I find it hard to wear each hat, sometimes many times each day. Sometimes it is just too much responsibility.

Sometimes I get so busy that I forget to just be me.

Some day, soon, my girls will grow up and start trying on new hats. I hope that when that day comes they will remember to have fun with it and not get too bogged down with all the responsibility.
I want them to be anything that they set their minds to. I want them to be able to wear each hat with confidence. But I also want them to be loving, kind, responsible, respectful, and many things that we all want for our kids.
But for now, I want them to just be kids..to be carefree and have fun.

So, just for now, I hope that these hats will suffice.

7 comments:

The Mann Family said...

Those are beautiful pictures Mindy! I can't believe how fast your kids are growing up! Kamri is absolutely adorable, and she looks SO much different than when I last saw her! Addie just looks so much older now, and Brinley is losing all of her teeth! Ahh! This means that we don't see you guys enough! I liked your comments though, you must be crazy busy being a mom...but you're so good at it! I just hope you have time to have fun once in awhile!

Caridaun said...

Wow the picture looks like 3 different Brindley just years apart. Love the picture it is great.
Caridaun

Alesha said...

I'm sure you made those darling hats didn't you Mindy? Such beautiful girls! You are an amazing woman Mindy!!!

Caitilin said...

Mind, you're incredible. You have many, many hats and you wear them all exceptionally well. I adore you (and miss you!!).

caits

Laura said...

Hey Mindy! Goregeous pictures and beautiful girls! Hope you are doing well!

Liz said...

Your girls are beautiful, and so are their hats. Did you make them?
liz

Who is Pin Dot? said...

Melinda, you got to make me 2 of those hats...sooo cute. You've gotten good at crocheting? Is that what it is? Anyhow, miss you and maybe we can hang out when the Lewis' move out. Cross your fingers that we get new renters...we're close!