Monday, January 21, 2008

Porter's Evening 'O Mischief

If you saw the last blog about Porter, then this post won't surprise you. I was talking to my mom today and she told me that I needed to update my blog. I let her know that I didn't have anything really good to blog about and I didn't have any new pictures to share. Well, little did I know, that while we were talking Porter was creating some new memories for me to write about. As soon as I got off the phone with her I heard nothing but silence. Well, in our house that can't mean anything good is happening. I listened down the stairs and the girls had turned on the t.v., but where was Porter? I heard a squirting sound coming from the bathroom and I knew that I was in trouble. Porter was in there spraying the hairspray directly onto his head and hands (his little arms can't reach far enough to spray the recommended distance of 1 ft. away). I asked him what he was doing and he said, "I am doing my hair. I am making a mohawk." Sure enough, he reached up and was pushing his hair into the center of his head. It was still wet, but was already starting to get crusty. I took away the hairspray and washed his hands, but he immediately went for my bathroom and told me that he needed some gel. I calmly explained that he didn't need anything else in his hair and he was on his way. I thought that then was as good a time as any to get the pictures uploaded onto my computer so that I could blog later. I wasn't at the computer for more than five minutes when Addie came upstairs with a popsicle and said that Porter told her that she could have it. Of course, I have to check on the situation and where is Porter??? He is hanging out in the living room with his very own red popsicle that he has treated himself to. The wrapper dripping red juice onto the floor and Porter licking away. I have to get my camera now because this whole blog of mischief will be even better with two examples, right. After fighting Porter for the popsicle, I get the situation under control and start to make dinner. All goes well of course. Well, not really. I again turn my back for a couple of minutes(you think I would have learned by now) while I try and find something to make for dinner.
In my temporary lapse of better judgement Porter decided to push a bucket of wheat to the refrigerator and tear off magnets and papers and whatever else he thought would be fun. Of course, I have to get the camera out again. This just keeps getting better. We get through dinner with only a few mishaps...noodles poured into the cup, dipping hands into the now noodly cup and flinging water and noodles everywhere. Where was I during all this dinner fun?? I stepped into the restroom for a few moments take care of some business. No pictures this time. I wasn't thinking this was funny. Well, dinner is over and we are going upstairs to get their pajamas on. I sit down at the computer to upload my new mischievious pictures and Porter is using my bathroom (we potty-trained last week). All is going well, I hear the regular sounds coming from there. However,I retune my ears just a few seconds later because I now hear splashing sounds. What the???
No worries, Porter is just plunging the toilet and splashing around. His pants are still down and he is having a great time. "What are you doing Porter", I say. "Nothing, just getting into trouble,"replies Porter. I, of course, take pictures and smile to myself. This one is a boy through and through. Well, that is the end of the picture taking, but not the end of Porter's mischief making. We got through the end of the night with only one incident of running around the house naked. Lucky me. I left a bit later to take a movie back and on my return I noticed the upstairs light on. I questioned Nate and he said he was sure that there were no lights on upstairs. I knew better, so I went on a search to find the culprit. I should have guessed. Porter was in our room, with the door closed (smart boy), and was pushing buttons on the computer. AAAhhhh!! He keeps me on my toes, but I wouldn't have him any other way. Well, a little less mischievious maybe, but just as cute.

2 comments:

Caitilin said...

Oh BOYS - gotta love 'em! :)

Laura said...

Oh Melinda!! That is so silly! I guess you can be grateful that he is so smart, right?! I hope you have at least a few uneventful days in the near future!