Saturday, June 13, 2009

Back to reality...

We just got back from here:


But before I talk about that I need to do a little catch up...again. Here goes nothin'.

Nate had surgery at the end of April. He has had some unexplained abdominal pain for the last year or so and surgery was our last resort. He has had multiple scans, procedures, tests...you name it. Our last resort, for now I guess, was an exploratory laparoscopy to find a possible cause. The surgery went well and they repaired a "sports hernia" that they thought was the source of the pain. We are about two months post-op and the original pain is still here...go figure. We would like to start looking into alternate medicine now. I am so tired of all the medication to try and put a "bandaid" over the pain, lets find the source already!

I was able to go up north to visit my family and see Wicked. It was absolutely amazing!! My sister-in-law, Ashlie, was able to get us tickets on the fourth row. (Thanks again Ash) I had goosebumps at the end of the first act. If I could just see even the first act again I would be happy. My friend Linzee and I want to become Wicked groupies and travel with the show, just so we can see it again and again. When it finally comes to Vegas...we are so there.


P turned 4 and had a great birthday. He got a motorcycle and he still loves it. Nate took him and his best buddy to the driving range and we ended the day at Pirate Island Pizza. P's choice, of course.


The kids all finished school with flying colors. B and A will be attending a new school next year. Although I love their school, we will be trying a new charter school this next year. It has an emphasis in performing arts and technology. I am excited for the opportunity, but we will miss our old friends and teachers. Change can be good.


5 comments:

Alesha said...

So sad for Nate, sorry you are still in pain, hope you find the source and soon. The kids are adorable and growing up so fast!

Anonymous said...

That really sucks Nate! Sorry to hear that even after surgery, the pain is sill around. I hope you guys can find out what's going on soon. Not knowing is the worst. Glad to hear that the girls finished school and are attending a new one. I hope this chater school works for them. Hope to see you guys soon. Love ya!

Liz said...

Sorry to hear about Nate.. To bad we can't just bandaid everything right?

I would love to see wicked, but it seems almost cheaper than to fly somewhere than to see it when it was in SL.. IF you get a good deal when it comes to Vegas.. I would love to see it.. Let me know how you can get great tickets
Liz

Who is Pin Dot? said...

Bo and Port look so cute with their golf gear!

I'm sad that I missed Disneyland...maybe next year. Now that I know you're schedule with taxes and all. We'll have to try it.

Hey, was talking to my friend who is a dietician and mentioned Nate's issues to her. Have you talked to one yet? She acted like it was related to his diabetes (which you probably already know) and had some ideas. Just a thought.

Miss you and hope to see you soon. Maybe Seussical or B's baptism?

Brandon THE Mann said...

Way overdue for an update! I am waiting!